What About When You're Not At Work?
When I’m not in the office, I enjoy cooking, reading, walking, watching movies, and listening to music. While my musical taste is eclectic, I mostly listen to country, 80s music, and Elvis. One thing you'll never catch me doing is dancing. Much to my husband’s dismay, I have NO sense of rhythm. Picture Steve Martin in "The Jerk” and that’s pretty spot on! I kid you not, but I like to think that I make up for it with my cooking. I love a nice glass of wine, a cold beer, good pizza (Who doesn’t?), and spending time with my family.
Maggie or Mags for short, is my official office mascot and co-pilot. Unfortunately, she passed away unexpectedly on 7/4/16. She was an English Mastiff and was as sweet and lovable as can be with an amazing "singing voice." Even though she was 156 lbs, she somehow didn’t realize that she was a big dog and wouldn't hesitate to climb in your lap!
Mags spent many weekends in my office while I caught up on paperwork and she's always there in spirit. Her treats, a collar, and her favorite dragon are nestled in a cabinet as a daily reminder of her sweet spirit. Like any doting mother, I always have lots of pictures to brag about, but I promise not to be one of those people who whip them out without being asked first!
Now For the Technical Stuff....
- Master of Arts in Counseling & Community Psychology - Sage Graduate School
- Master of Science in Counseling Psychology - University of West Alabama
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Psychology, Minor in Sociology - University at Albany
- Associate in Arts in Humanities & Social Sciences - Schenectady County Community College
License & Certifications
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor - New York State
- Integrated Mental Health/Addictions Treatment Training Certificate (IMHATT)
Specialized Classes & Trainings
- Marriage & Couples Therapy
- Family Systems
- Trauma Informed Care
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Addiction & Recovery
- Emotional Regulation
- Mind, Body, & Spirit Connection
- Anxiety & Panic
- Social Skill Development
- Interpersonal Connections